VITA - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program with United Way of Central Jersey offers free tax help to people who generally make $65,000 or less, persons with disabilities and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
For the 2016 tax season 219 volunteers repared over 2,300 returns. Residents received $2.28 million in tax refunds, over $650,000 in EITC (earned income tax credit), $440,988 in Child Tax Credit and ovr $100,000 in education credits.
- For a County-wide listing of 2019 VITA sites with phone numbers click here.
- Check list of what to bring with you to your VITA appointment.
- For a VITA sites in Perth Amboy, please click here.
- For information on upcoming "Taxathon" dates, click here.
- Click here to go to "My Free Taxes", United Way's self-guided online tax preparation service.
- Learn how the Tax Time Savings Initiative can help your savings grow!
- For information about the program please email us or call 732-247-3730
- You can find information on becoming a VITA volunteer here.