IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE VOUNTARY INCOME TAX ASSISTANCE (VITA) PROGRAM
The tax filing deadline has been extended to July 15, 2020.
June 2020 - Due to concerns regarding the current health emergency, the UWCJ will continue to provide tax return preparation services, with several options for no-contact or minimal contact.
VITA - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program with United Way of Central Jersey offers free tax help to people who generally make $65,000 or less, persons with disabilities and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
- If you are able to upload documents you can Schedule an Appointment to Have Your 2019 Federal and/or State Taxes Prepared Remotely.
- You can drop off your materials in the red drop box at the United Way offices, 32 Ford Avenue, Milltown during regular business hours, Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- You can take advantage of minimum contact drop off (a volunteer will meet you in the parking lot of the United Way building) to drop off and pick up your documents* BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Call 732-247-3730 and leave a message to make your appointment. Someone will call you back to schedule a date and time.
- You may file your own taxes online by going to MYFREETAXES. There is no charge for this service for families or individuals earning $65,000 or less.
*Please wear a mask to your scheduled drop off and pick up to keep with state and CDC mandated safety precautions regarding COVID-19. We will be practicing social distance guidelines as well.
For questions please email email@example.com or call the main VITA line at 732-247-3730.
You must print out and complete the following forms and bring them with you to your appointment. There are also hard copies of these two documents by the red drop box at the United Way building.
Financial Counseling Information:
- You can find information on becoming a VITA volunteer here.