NFP provides first-time expecting mothers with free parenting coaching and support services through a regular schedule of at-home visits from nurses specially trained in the program.
Bachelor Level Nurses visit NFP moms in their homes, helping them...
- have healthy pregnancies and healthy babies
- find resources for healthcare, childcare, and jobs
- become more engaged, proactive parents
NFP Moms, Their Children, and Our Community
Families enrolled in the NFP program have seen success in key areas including:
• Pre-term births decrease by 18%
• Immunization rates increase by 19%
• Child abuse and neglect reduced by 48%
• Early behavioral and intellectual problems reduced by 67%
MMAPS Leads NFP Moms to College
The Mentoring Mothers: Achieving Post-Secondary Schooling (MMAPS) college access project provides NFP mothers with individual coaching to continue their educational and career paths.