The United Way of Central Jersey actively monitors any developments surrounding COVID-19 in New Jersey and Middlesex County. We understand the continued concern and are dedicated to supporting our communities.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child 0-5 still experiencing hardships as a result of the pandemic or any other reason and need assistance with things like safe and affordable housing, child or medical care, finding a job, government benefits, finding food, (or anything else!) UWCJ's Middlesex County Alliance for Child and Family Success can help. Call or text 732-724-KIDS(5437)
The resources below can help to provide information, updates, and recommendations on how to keep yourself, your family, and your community safe while we navigate our "new normal."
- Vaccination and Booster Resources
- HUD COVID Eviction Resources
- Middlesex County COVID-19 Resources
- NJ Department of Children and Families Hotlines/Helplines
- Centers for Disease Control Recomendations
- World Health Organization Information & Updates
- NJ211 - Call: 2-1-1 (24/7)
- Text: NJCOVID to 898-211 or Text: your zip code to 898-211 for live text assistance.
- Healthcare Workers - The New York Life and Cigna foundations have created the Brave of Heart Fund to provide charitable grants to healthcare workers and their families. Cigna will also provide emotional support and other services. Find out if you are eligible to apply.
- The NJ Housing & Mortgage Finance Agency (HMFA) is providing extra funding to its Housing Counseling Initiative and has multiple agencies in each county to assist tenant and homeowners financially impacted. Here’s a list of agencies for Middlesex County & their contact information.
* Consumer Credit and Budget Counseling, 609-390-9652, 888-738-8233
* Epic CDC (formerly Faith Fellowship CDC) 732-727-9500
*Navicore Housing Counseling: 1-866-472-4557 FMAP: 1-866-552-4557
email NJ Mediation@navicoresolutions.org
* NJ Citizen Action 800-656-9637, 973-643-8800
* Puerto Rican Action Board 732-249-9700
- COVID-19 Worker Benefits and Protections
- Latest information about VITA (Voluntary Income Tax Assistance)
- Mental Health Support - New Jerseyans can call 1-866-202-HELP (4357) for free, confidential support. NJ Mental Health Cares will be answered from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week by live trained specialists.
- Central Jersey Legal Services is still providing still providing free legal assistance to low income residents of Middlesex County in civil matters. Clients need to call and leave a message and someone will call them back shortly. New Brunswick office – 732-249-7600 Perth Amboy office – 732-324-1613 Trenton office - 609-695-6249 Elizabeth office – 908-354-4340
- From the IRS:
- R-2020-61: Economic impact payments: What you need to know
- Economic Impact Payments - There’s Still Time to Get Payments!
WAYS YOU CAN HELP
Support the UWCJ COVID-19 Recovery Fund with a donation of any size. You can learn more about the Recovery Fund here.
Start a Go Fund Me page to support COVID-19 recovery efforts or sign on as a fundraiser for #FightForNJ
This page will be updated regularly with links to additional resources as they become available.