The United Way of Central Jersey is closely monitoring the developments surrounding the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in New Jersey and in Middlesex County. We understand the concern and we are dedicated to supporting our communities in any way that we can.
The United Way office in Milltown is currently closed to the public. Staff are continuing to work a hybrid of onsite and remotely. We continue to protect our employees and volunteers, including suspending face to face meetings and connecting virtually whenever possible.
The resources below can help to provide information, updates and recommendations on how to keep yourself, your family, and community safe.
Middlesex County Emergency Rental Assistance Program opened an online application portal on Monday, May 3 for renters who are behind on rent and/or utility payments due to COVID-19.
You can find eligibility guidelines and application information here.
- Middlesex County COVID-19 Resources
- State of New Jersey COVID-19 Page
- State of NJ Information/Resources for Businesses
- State of New Jersey COVID-19 Rumor Control and Disinformation Updates
- NJ FamilyCare
- NJ Department of Children and Families Hotlines/Helplines
- Centers for Disease Control
- World Health Organization
* Call: 2-1-1 Call (24/7): 1-800-962-1253
* Text: NJCOVID to 898-211
* Text: your zip code to 898-211 for live text assistance.
- Healthcare Workers - The New York Life and Cigna foundations have created the Brave of Heart Fund to provide charitable grants to healthcare workers and their families. Cigna will also provide emotional support and other services. Find out if you are eligible to apply.
- The NJ Housing & Mortgage Finance Agency (HMFA) is providing extra funding to its Housing Counseling Initiative and has multiple agencies in each county to assist tenant and homeowners financially impacted. Here’s a list of agencies for Middlesex County & their contact information.
* Consumer Credit and Budget Counseling, 609-390-9652, 888-738-8233
* Epic CDC (formerly Faith Fellowship CDC) 732-727-9500
*Navicore Housing Counseling: 1-866-472-4557 FMAP: 1-866-552-4557
email NJ Mediation@navicoresolutions.org
* NJ Citizen Action 800-656-9637, 973-643-8800
- Emergency Childcare Assistance Program for essential employees
- Information on applying for unemployment in New Jersey.
- Resources for navigating long-term unemployment
- Latest information about VITA (Voluntary Income Tax Assistance)
- Mental Health Support - New Jerseyans can call 1-866-202-HELP (4357) for free, confidential support. NJ Mental Health Cares will be answered from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week by live trained specialists.
- Central Jersey Legal Services is still providing still providing free legal assistance to low income residents of Middlesex County in civil matters. Clients need to call and leave a message and someone will call them back shortly. New Brunswick office – 732-249-7600 Perth Amboy office – 732-324-1613 Trenton office - 609-695-6249 Elizabeth office – 908-354-4340
- Advocates for Children of NJ has posted a list of Social Media Platforms to help stay connected during social distancing.
- Guidance on center-based and family childcare.
- Activities to do at home for children ages 3-5
- Resources for parents - educational and other ideas of things to do while your children are at home due to school closings.
- NJTV is airing live classes for grades 3-6, Monday-Friday, 9 am to 1 pm.
- From the IRS:
* IR-2020-61: Economic impact payments: What you need to know
*Updated information - Economic Impact Payments as of 4/14/2020
* IR-2020-58: Tax Day now July 15
- Latest directory of local food pantries - please call in advance.
- Directory of Behavioral Health Resources in Middlesex County
- "Donating Blood in Times of Crisis: How to Help" published by Georgetown University's School of Nursing
Please note - If you have seen a post on social media directing you to call a 1-866 number or 211 for assistance from the "United Way Fund", please be aware this is only for Indianapolis residents.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP
Start a Go Fund Me page to support COVID-19 recovery efforts or sign on as a fundraiser for #FightForNJ
This page will be updated regularly with links to additional resources as they become available.